Tuesday, September 15, 2009

2 Headhunters and 1 ½ Farewells


Hi Friends! Hope you are having a great Tuesday! I had one of those mixed up days... half happy, half angry/sad, whatever.

But firstly, let me share with you about what I had been experiencing recently. I want to thank God because, even though my current boss (CB) does not appreciate me, others do VALUE me highly. Others, as in my other colleagues that I had been working with together for more than 5 years, AND people in other companies.

So far, 2 different headhunters (not literally) called me up to offer me positions in other companies, even though they know that I have plans to move to the States in about a month's time. Phew... I'm actually THAT much in demand huh? Thank God for that, because although CB doesn't think that I had done anything much or worth much, others know my contribution to the company and my job aptitude and attitude for the past 5 over years. I'm not trying to be proud, but I'm just trying to show the contrast in the way CB treats me, as compared to others. I can empty out all the trash of how-CB-is-treating-me here to all of you, but I think that's not a professional thing to do. What's done's done. And I'm moving on (THANK GOD!). Too bad, and I feel that it's his loss, not mine. So long..... sucker (LOL I just have to inject that word in...)

On the other hand, I feel sad and happy at the same time, because of all the farewells that my friends and colleagues (ex- or current) will be organizing or had organized for me. Sad because of all the friendship and experience that we had gone through together for so many years, happy because they cherish this friendship and took up the initiative to hold farewells for me.

Since the first farewell more than a couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of attending another 1 ½. The second farewell is all thanks to Geraldine Lee, an ex-colleague, who also did a wonderful job in holding a small farewell for me - 5 persons including me. And she invited just the right people to the farewell :) We ate yummy Chinese tai-chao food and drank 1 crate of Tiger (Now how many bottles was in 1 crate? Sorry, I'm not a drinker.....). Didn't get drunk, but we sure had a great time, catching up, eating good food, and didn't spend a lot at all. And oh, what a revelation I had that night on CB. Didn't know how that surfaced in our conversations, but somehow, it did! And I wasn't the one who initiated that topic. Weird huh? It's just like a nasty piece of shit. No matter how many times you try to hide it or flush it, it will surface again and again, automatically. And you know that it sure stinks like hell. Somehow, I thank God that I'm not the only one getting such treatments from him.

The 3rd (which is considered a ½) farewell was just this afternoon, a so-called Nutrition Division farewell lunch for me, yet again, tainted with CB's shit. Now you understand the nasty shit analogy? It just has to show up EVERYWHERE, invited or uninvited!!! I just wish that my last moments in Wyeth, my sending off..... could have been more happy and pleasant in nature. Sigh..... give me a break.

So what's the shit this time? Well, it was originally planned, more than a week ago, to be a farewell dinner in a nice Italian restaurant somewhere a little far from the office, about 15 mins or so driving. And everyone, including me - the VVIP, the reason why it is being held at all - had committed to it. SUDDENLY, I just have to stress that


adverb... just yesterday, the day before, SUDDENLY, CB wanted it to be lunch at a restaurant nearby the office, like less than 5 mins away. Just for whatsoever dumbass reason, I really don't know, but it did create a lot of confusion among all my colleagues, because many had, like me, thought that it is supposed to be a dinner. And also

because of the fact that i had wanted it to be a dinner. So who's

leaving now? It definitely did come across my mind to boycott the lunch, since there was no respect at all for my feelings and my colleagues' feelings. At the very least, he could have asked if I'm ok with the change. Now wouldn't that be something? Boycotting my own farewell..... LOL!




Whatever! And enough of this shit.



Thank God (seriously) that I'm leaving! I just have to bear with it for another 2 weeks or so.



This post was supposed to be a happy sharing. You know..... being headhunted, farewells..... sigh.....



Hope that you are having a better day than I am. As for me, I'm heading home now, back to bed :) Good night, all, and take care!



3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Bro, when you get to the States, we'll have a WELCOME dinner instead of farewell dinner! Looking forward to our camping trip...I haven't forgotten!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

It won't be long until you won't have to deal with the headhunters anylonger and new endeavors will occupy your mind. Good luck on it all, my friend!

Saturday, September 19, 2009 5:58:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Ron, my man. Thanks bro for extending a warm welcome to me to the States. And yes, thanks for not forgetting the camping trip! I still want to sleep under the stars for the first time in my life!

Donna, thanks for the encouragement :) I need lots of that at the moment :)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home